Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Half Full or Half Empty?


On the subject of fulfillments, somebody kinda gave me the words of the week. He said something in the line of: “Lower your worldly desire today, live a humbler-simpler life in the purpose of serving others. Just do what’s best that you can afford to do today. But never forget to focus your energy on your dreams, give your dream a new breath of life. You’ll live a passionate life.”


“There you go”, I said to my parents. Giving them a pile of clothing items, from t-shirts, pants, jackets, shirts, shoes, even baseball caps that I no longer wish to employ. I felt like Santa Claus in the middle of October trying to cheer people up. The opportunity to live a more passionate life, came as some of their friends asked their assistance to organize some clothing drive for the needy, a newly-displaced group of people somewhere in Tanjung Priok area.

Furthermore, I started to eat more at home, spending less on fancy lunches or dinners. Just like trying to quit smoking, curbing my today’s desires, had left me numb. I felt like I am somewhat content, but somehow felt like I am living in someone else’s physical being. Still not sure if this would be good or not, I have lost some essences of being my regular self.

This morning as I opened up my closet, I only saw about half of my belongings. One part of me felt happy. I felt half-full, that I have enough to sustain my life. That today I would need less stuffs to care about. Yet still another part of me saw an opportunity. The opportunity to replenish my now-half-empty wardrobe with new and exciting items.




Not giving up on that electric blue sneakers just yet!





Prof. Utonium

Copyright: Opening Image. Corbis © 2008

No comments:

Powered By Blogger