Saturday, May 10, 2008

Supraliminal Mr. Ripley

“How do you feel?” he asked. “Nothing, why?” I replied. Then he whispered, “Some of them is lurking around you, but you have nothing to worry about. They are just curious about you, because your energy is so bright”. I felt a sudden urge to smack him. First of all, I don’t need to know if other beings happened to lurk behind, in front or anywhere around my cute being. Second of all, for God Sake, we were in a funeral home, attending a wake just outside of the city. Then as the final twist he said, “Later if you wanna pray for her departing soul, try not to gaze directly at her face”

For the last couple of weeks I felt this uneasiness that was so easy to understand yet so difficult to explain. I didn’t have to look very far to find the culprit of these worrisome occurrences. He is my own colleague at work, who suddenly was gifted to see things that others couldn’t see. Like an opening of his third eye that would show a whole new dimension for him to tell. And believe me, like he was given a new toy to play with, this person is so eager to tell his stories. The talented Mr. Ripley as we would call him, is a speaker who’s extremely dependable for relaying his visions at any time of the day. Not that we asked.

You could say that I am not exactly foreign about the subject. I do have so many called indigo-esque friends. And furthermore, the nature-loving personality of mine, would sort-of open my eyes and heart about these natural occurrences. I may feel the harmonious chi around me or even any disturbed energy level, which would happen at times. And also, because we are all God’s creatures, living in the same place separated by a thin other dimension, we just need to share our domain, our fare and sometimes our needs.

Although very small, personally I know that I can feel or smell “things”. I know when my guardian angels are gearing up for battle in a dark unfamiliar place. Furthermore, I'd know whether or not I am welcomed in a space. Mimicking what they said in the movies, I always uttered: “We come in peace, hopefully you guys will welcome us”.

I wish this was the case with Mr. Ripley. I am guessing instead of asking for permission he would say something like: “Though we come in peace, but you still need to show me your leader!”

We would eat a restaurant, and suddenly he would choke a bit. His face would blush. And then he would close his eyes for a while. This had happened so frequently that we wouldn’t think too much about this, “Oh he has another vision session”. And then he would rise from his seat, slowly walked out of the premises while making a funny gesture with his right hand. And strange enough, the air around us usually felt cooler and less cramped afterwards. This is almost as if he was taking away some of “them” outside so it wouldn’t feel too crowded inside.

One day when we were having a BK Meal, one of us shouted, “Do you smell fresh flower?” As if it was his cue, then with his finger, the talented Mr. Ripley would gesture to the one who asked, that something was indeed standing beside us. Kyaaaaaa!

“And just like us, they also need to eat” he said while rearranging a portion of his meal neatly in his plate, leaving some for “them” to enjoy.

Other than that, his newfound gift seemed to enable him to mind-read and foretell the future. But then again, I wasn’t born yesterday, I too always knew when he was trying to read me. Given an early alarm I would be able to shield my own gates.

Frustrated by this, then I said: “Dude, you know how I hate my mom when she happened to feel the need to monitor me? I felt that you are monitoring me with this new super-vision of yours”. And then he understood, “Okay, I am sorry. I wont get inside you, unless you asked, right?”

Right.

And for now, I am content.

As long as he would stop informing us that there were other beings around us.
We knew that already. We knew that we are sharing this world with them. We just didn’t need to know about how they look, why they were there and what exactly that they wanted.

Kyaaaa!!


Uneasy State,





Prof. Utonium

PS. Unless he would be able to control his urge to tell, trips to old buildings, museums, & antique stores would be eliminated until further notice. Hehe.

Copyright: Opening Image. Corbis
© 2008

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is this talented mr.ripley?

Anonymous said...

the only person in this world who loves Professor, unconditionally.

Alam Taslim said...

me?

hehehehe..

Powered By Blogger