Sunday, January 17, 2010

You Know My Methods, Watson


Yes Sherlock darling I know your unusual methods. And no darling, sometimes I just don’t get you. So many times I felt like you’d die when we were apart. Now admit it, you did break down a couple of times. And you seemed to be apparently lost without me. You would even appear to be, how do you phrase this nicely... extremely envious, if I was in the arms of my woman. I am your friend, your brother, your man. If it weren’t for your never-ending interest in that bitch Irene Adler, I’d think you did fall for me. For my charm, my loyalty, and of course, my cute arse.

- from the unpublished journals of Dr. Gay Watson.

This rendition of Sherlock Holmes directed by Guy Ritchie could be the sweetest rendition of Holmes that I’ve ever seen. Certainly was not the usual nerdy Holmes that I would imagine. He wasn’t some skinny old man with a hunting hat, a smoke pipe, and sometimes accompanied by a detecting canine. Today’s version of Holmes is a mature hawtieee, a combination between brain and brawn, who didn’t “slip” away from his enemies. Yes, he fought right on, battle to battle, with nice martial-art skills as well.

Watson couldn’t be better as well. Here he was cute, smart, agile, and most of all, he really kicked ass! I wish they’d insert like at least one steamy scene when Sherlock finally was about to confess his undying love for Watson. Which they would then caress and kiss each other so passionately in a messed-up attic, somewhere in the brownstones of Baker Street.

Good flick. Fast actions. Lot’s of scattering clues to unveil (for you detective fans). Furthermore, I enjoyed the soothing blue-ish hue that appeared through the length of the movie, acting as some sort of mood-maker/ atmosphere. It reminded me of the “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen” (2003) where good story telling and great actions met charming fashion and high-style.





Oh, I want that bed. No, I want this entire room. So princess-ey. With Sherlock spread-eagled, exactly like this. Tied on the bed posts. Then we can play a little game Sherlock.




Now close your eyes. Let Mama blindfold you.





Prof. Utonium

Update (Jan.18.2010): Congratulations Robert Downey Jr. and Sandra Bullock for winning the Golden Globes 2010!
Robert Downey Jr. snatched the Golden Globes for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical from his role in Sherlock Holmes. And respectively, Sandra Bullock won Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama.

I knew that fake British accent would land you one darling!

Copyright: The Title : "You Know My Methods, Watson” was quoted from "The Crooked Man" from The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (1893) by Arthur Conan Doyle © Doubleday Publishing. Opening Image: IMP Awards © 2010. Scene Image: Theiapolis People © 2010. Award Image: Getty Images © 2010.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger