Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Inevitable


“There, I laid everything on the table already. Now do you guys think that he’s still in love with me?” This might as well be a tricky question I thought. Every storyteller wanted her audience to be on her side. The tricky part was: That day, nothing would please the storyteller ever. Especially when it was about Chacha (his street name), one of our dearest friends.

She was a little bit shaken when we met her. She didn’t cry. But we could see some type of anguish in her face. She looked confused, disoriented, and disappointed.

“Well to begin with, we never met as often as our usual arrangements”

Maybe he was busier than ever.

“It’s okay if he couldn’t give me the weekend. Yet he promised to see me every other day during the weekdays”.

We told ya it wasn’t easy dating someone who was legally married with kids.

“But that’s not the point, I don’t mind the non-weekends. But now he doesn’t seem to wanna spare any tiny time for me anymore”

Okay.

“It took him several hours now to reply my messages. And it’s always just a short reply, no more effort it seemed would be done from his side”

Well first of all that was why it was called the short messaging services. Second of all, maybe he got tied up in some new projects.

“I knew his work, I knew his schedules. He was far more busier before than nowadays! But back then he was able to send me cute hellos and he was able to reply my messages in a promptly fashion”

Okay.

“Then I met him like 3 days ago. We had dinner. I showed him the messages from some annoying bastard. Someone, who tried to seduce me even though I clearly stated that I was taken”

Oh, really?

“Yes, and my boyfriend was like: You know, since I may not give you the time that you deserve, why don’t you look into that possibility?”

What kind of reply was that! Bastardo.

“I am so confused with his reply. Whatever could he meant by that?”

My beau insisted that maybe he (Chacha’s beloved) was trying to open the gate of “open relationship”-ity. But I simply kept my silence. Couldn’t you people see? Something went awry. It was a trick. Nothing magical by any mean. He knew damn well that Chacha was a respectable monogamous lady. It was simply a trick to get you thinking: Is it time to move on?

“And suddenly he made a confession. That before he was with me, he was a pretty naughty boy. And the scariest of them all was, he always did it bareback! Can’t you imagine him telling me these things now?”

Darned you. Yet, exactly my point. Just like on the chessboards, he had already started moving his pawns. Better get ready girlfriend. Have a counter strategy handy.

“I don’t know what to do anymore. Well, to tell you the truth these matters really clouded my mind. I stopped having euphoria when he was in bed with me (a.k.a dysfunctional specific bodily-organ). It started like a month ago… When he began to have his awol mode like this, when he stopped replying to my concerns…”

Woman. Maybe you have to face the inevitable. Why don’t you start packing? Or vice versa. Maybe you should listen to him. Maybe he had a very good reason to do such and such.

“I think I still love him though…” she concluded.






Then ask him the truth. What does he want out of this?

Prof. Utonium

Copyright: Opening Image. Fan Pop © 2010

No comments:

Powered By Blogger